THANK YOU for all the support we received for the
2023 Great St. Peter Duck Race.
We were blessed with an amazing afternoon to run the race in the Huron River with an incredible 1799 ducks.
Congratulations to our 2023 Duck Race WINNERS!
1st Place: Dennis Reed
2nd Place: Patricia Didion
3rd Place: Gerald Dickinson
Last Place: Jim and Ann Mellein
Presented by St. Peter Church affiliated Diocese of Toledo (an Ohio not for profit corporation: hereafter “presenter”).
1. Maximum of 3,000 ducks will be entered into the race.
2. Ducks will be launched at approximately 3:30 PM on Sunday 9/17/23. The race course will be established by the Presenter. Presenter reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to postpone or reschedule the event because of inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond presenter’s control.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter, and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
4. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Presenter. Last place duck will be determined at same time as first three ducks are chosen.
5. A number will be marked on each duck corresponding to each number on entry tickets issued. Multiple duck entries from one ticket will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The person’s name that appears on the entry ticket corresponding to the order in which the duck completes the race at the finish line will be awarded prizes. Presenter reserved the right to draw for prizes if race is cancelled for any reason whatsoever (see Rule #2). A list of prizes can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to: The Great St. Peter Duck Race, 430 Main St. Huron, OH 44839.
6. Presenter reserves that right to substitute prizes in comparable value; the combined value of all prizes shall be in excess of $1,000.00.
7. The entry portion of each ticket must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter at the address in Rule #5 above, and actually received by presenter prior to races, eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Presenter or authorized representative of Presenter.
8. By entering The Great St. Peter Duck Race, contestants agree and consent to all rules and regulations herein and/or those additionally adopted by the Presenter. All contestant entries are deemed made in Huron, Erie County, OH.
9. Entry tickets in exchange for a $10 donation each can be obtained from any authorized representative of Presenter, from any participating point of purchase display stand and/or poster, and from other sources authorized by Presenter.
10. Winners will be announced on Sunday 9/17/23. Entrants will, where necessary, also be notified by United States Mail or by telephone. Race entrants need not be present to win. A list of winning entries can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request for the same, with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to the Presenter at the address listed in Rule #5 above. Should any race winner fail to claim his or her prize from Presenter at the address in Rule #5 above, prior to 10/18/23, or should the Grand Prize Winner fail to qualify, Presenter shall select a substitute winner through a random drawing of remaining entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded.
11. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of designated prizes.
12. The following restriction applies to the Grand Prize: Winner must be at least 21 years of age by 9/17/23. By entering this contest individuals and/or entities release Presenter and its members, agents, employees and other related individuals and/or entities and/or sponsors from any and all liability with respect to prizes and any and all matters arising out of this context.
13. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and/or likeliness without additional compensation.
14. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and further, is void where prohibited.
16. The conduct of the race, the determination of race winners and race results, the random drawing for additional prizes. If any, as well as all decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be determined by Presenter in its complete and sole discretion and judgement. Any and all decisions by Presenter are final with no right of appeal.
17. The Great St. Peter Duck Race and its various logos, trademarks, copyrights, and service marks are the sole property of Presenter and no other individual or entity shall be authorized to copy, or otherwise use without the express written consent of Presenter.
18. A copy of these rules and regulations is available from Presenter at the address listed in Rule #5 above.