Our Core Seeds
When cut horizontally, the apple has five core seeds:
First core seed: Formators
• Parents, as primary religious educators.
• Pastors/pastoral leaders, principals, catechetical leaders, teachers, parish staff and entire community are formators.
Second CORE SEED: The Religion Curriculum
Taught from K-12 in a consistent, age-appropriate way in each of our 101 schools; consists of 8 strands:
• Church • Lifestyles • Morality • Sacraments & Prayer • Doctrine • Old Testament • New Testament
Third CORE SEED: Community
• Our schools are communities where students are loved and respected; where Christian behavior is expected, differences are celebrated, and families are welcomed.
Fourth CORE SEED: Worship
• Students attend Mass regularly and begin each day and each class with prayer.
• We celebrate together our common faith; we welcome those other faiths.
FIFTH CORE SEED: Service
• Students are challenged to reach beyond themselves in service and works of justice to the poor, the sick, and the underprivileged.